View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:12 PM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
just spent about 2 hours down this rabbit hole including watching the video.

I'd call it greedy (though he admitted in 2020 he knew next to nothing about pokemon, why turn it down when it can be a nice payday) and lazy/incompetent - what you highlighted "that he used the same procedure as with sports product" is f'n crazy!!! He looks at the way the tape is stuck to the box and the fact that there are striations in the label that match up with the striations in the cardboard it is stuck to, but doesn't check any of the fonts, the fact that a legit label is thermal printed (the fake one is not), etc !!!!??? As far as his "expertise" with packs etc. My $$ will stay in my pocket - fruit of the poisoned tree.
Apparently in the wake of this steve has refused to authenticate any more pokemon products (apparently in the pokemon community there are known resealed pokemon packs in psa slabs that steve authenticated as well.
Allegedly in a conversation with someone in the pokemon community (in 2020 i think) steve stated he didn't think there was a way to tamper with foil packs!?

Just another example of all these "experts" we have laughing all the way to the bank, many times doing grossly insufficient due diligence, on a good day rendering opinions that are inconsistent and on a bad day that are entirely incompetent.
amen brother!

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.