View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Came back to add a few images, but I could list images all night and still not hit all the cool set.

Thought about it and probably my favorite 90s insert set is a basketball issue, the 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers set. They can appear busy, but the lenticular style and the dept to those cards was amazing. Taking that a step further, and they were redemption only, but the Skybox Meltdown cards of Hill and Stackhouse were epic, where the wall melted behind the player as you tilted the card. it's not for everyone, but if you were buying cards new in the early to mid 90s, some of the greatest looking and unique cards were being introduced left and right. With all the technology and advances in cards, you'd think we'd still be getting great ideas and designed, but it seems to have died. They gave up or the monopolies just stunted the creativity because they didn't have to win us over, but the 90s lives on as the most creative era ever.
Metal universe was a cool set! Nice choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo