View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan12 View Post
Can I ask what it is with the signatures that makes you say that they're similar to what you've seen around? I would like to know what to keep an eye out for in the future. Thanks again for taking the time and if anyone else has anything to pass along, I'm all ears.
The Mantle is horrible as is the Dimaggio.

Start by learning the basics, like ALI & Mantle. There are several studies and collectors around that can help. Put in a couple hours a day (it's fun) learning the differences and the fakes will just start to jump right out at you after a few weeks.

As for the Mantle...The M's (1/2 moons) are horribly shaped and shaky. Mickey didn't dot his "c". The "ick" is, well ICK, with the K appearing buffoonish. The interaction between the "Ma" is horrible with the "a" appearing cartoonish. While the "n" isn't bad, the relationship to the "tle" is horrid and the base line is sickening. All in All, not 1 thing really makes this looks good.

It gets 0 (ZERO) points out of 10 on Fudd's scale from 1-10. Make your own scale and only buy 9's and 10's regardless of COA's.

NOW GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!Run, don't walk and don't ever make the same mistake, buying on impulse with-out doing your homework. If you don't want to waste your time doing that, don't waste your time with autographs altogether.

Not too many are going to know Ali like Travis and there are many that can help you with Mantle and the others. Good Luck

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-14-2012 at 10:25 AM.