View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:50 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankweather View Post
Thanks for all the great responses on this. I admit I noticed that Tinker looked a bit off, but assumed everything was fine because it’s LOTG. I emailed Al tonight and he responded almost immediately. He said, “In a quick review of our notes, we did explicitly ask the authenticator to confirm that was Tinker in the photo and he did, but in looking at the photo I’d like to learn a bit more about why he is so certain.”

This has taken quite the turn but it’s fun nonetheless. LOTG is the best in the business so I’m certain we’ll get this figured out.
Al is a great guy, and diligent and thorough in his work. If he's relying upon an outside expert/authenticator, you can't fault him at all. Even so, there's currently no 100% certainty one way or the other on who that is.

Meanwhile, it is interesting (and fun) to have people throw out different observations and theories, along with doing some real time research, in trying to not only come up with exactly who is in the photo, and where it was taken, but also the possible situation and significance behind it. If it turns out to not be Tinker in the photo, and instead has something to do with Chance and Evers passing the managerial torch, so to speak, due to Chance's health, this could end up being one of the last photos of Chance before taking a turn for the worse. That in of itself would make this a remarkable photo, with a great backstory, and still quite valuable. Good luck, and be sure to let us know if you find out any further info or background on this. Great photo regardless.

Last edited by BobC; 07-03-2022 at 02:43 PM.