View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I would like to preface this by saying this is is a bit of a wordy post, quite possibly totally shot in the dark and also it happened quite some time ago, please bear with me!

Roughly 12 years ago on a trip to Cooperstown I remember going through the various stores that are in the area near the Hall of Fame, when I encountered a small sign advertising to what I believe was "baseball cards for sale" or a "baseball card show" It was located in the building of the Coopersown Veterans Club. You would go through the giant red door (for those of you who know the building I am referring to)

There was a very nice man who had a few tables set up selling a great deal of vintage cards. Some Old Tobacco stuff, various topps and bowman cards. Extremely knowledgeable about the Hobby. I actually purchased my 56 Mantle off of him. I'd wager he's probably in his 60's by now if he's still alive. I was wondering if anyone else encountered this person/knows what I'm talking about. Additionally if he's still in the hobby and selling cards. I did venture up to Cooperstown again this past summer and did not see him set up there.

Again I know complete shot in the dark, but with how knowledgeable some of the members of this board along with the connections some people have, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thank you.
Are you talking about the yearly show Ted Z talks about setting up at almost every year?