Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:16 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDave View Post
Hi Mark,

So I know you mentioned some time back that getting paid in 4 weeks might be unrealistic and from your past experiences it took as long as 7 weeks but with excellent communication. Now I have dealt with REA and LOTG, both extremely professional, both communicated with me throughout and both paid within 4 weeks (and both six figures). Now with Crazy Uncle I am at the 5-6 week point, no money, no communication, missing many $100Ks worth of items that were never returned, etc. etc. etc...…..would you agree I should start to be concerned?
Without question you should be concerned. No doubt.

In my case I have dealt with the guy before, he's local, been around a long time, and as I said, never a problem with communication. I add up the time he allows winners to pay, the time shipping takes, his policy of allowing returns under certain circumstances, and I conclude his timelines are reasonable and acceptable to me.

That was my only point - that an auction house consignment isn't as quick as a simple ebay/paypal transaction.

I think you have a very serious problem and the non-communication is the loudest warning siren. I wish you luck.