View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 11:17 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Raw will never be worth more. If it was, everybody would start cracking like slabs I do and it wouldn't last more than a week.

Too many little ego's need the validation and bragging rights that graded brings.

More seriously, even if one only cares about $$, I don't see it as worthwhile to get ones cards graded until it's time to sell. If you're planning to divest in 10/20/30/40/50 years, it's not worth it. We don't know what slab you'll need then, and there's already a price gap depending on when the card was graded and what generation slab it is. In 20 years the hobby may well be using some new grader that uses a computer algorithm, and will consider PSA 2022 slabs to be junk from a horribly corrupt and outdated process. Save the cash unless one plans to sell soon.
Yeah, I don't think it makes economic sense to get something slabbed until you want to sell it. Too many people care too much about the look of the flips. In 10 years, today's flips may not be in style.

And I don't buy that it is necessary to slab something in order to preserve it. Acid-free sleeves and holders seem to do just fine.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 07-24-2022 at 11:23 AM.