View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 06:35 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
I am noticing all kinds of imperfections in these cards as I move along...off centering, print lines, print blobs/pixels/spots, and blurriness. It isn't a thing with me, as I am not OCD or trying to build the world's greatest set here. But #44, the Berra-Bauer-Mantle I picked up, is so out of focus that, if it wasn't real, it looks like it was made on a child's printer. And it looks like all #44 cards are that way. How do you get something like that graded high? Bribe the grader? Still, beautiful cards.
Overall it is a beautiful set, but individually some of the photos are murky. The first one that comes to mind is the Surkont. For me it looks like the photo was taken through a glass of water being used as a filter! The Perkowski also comes out a bit muddled. Rodriguez, card #98, has too much shadow which obscures the facial details. There are several other issues which I'll leave for the moment to see if anyone else has opinions on any of the images.

I'm not bashing the set, I thoroughly enjoy mine, it has far more positives than negatives. There are perhaps 10-15 cards that were flawed in their photography or finish.