View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 10:20 PM

Default way cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypcl View Post
Hey Doug, nice snag. My mother in law did the same thing on the campus of UC Berkeley in 1959. She had it ever since until she gave it to me to frame. I think the musical spectrum has now been covered between Metallica and the Trio...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Jw_v3F_Q0
That is a very cool broadside...they were certainly an interesting group in that they were basically the first to make Folk Music hip...although they only rolled strong for about five years starting in the late 1950's...They had the raw talent but it was their manager Frank Werber who first saw it and groomed and molded their ability...even crafting stage banter into their act...

Many years ago I had the pleasure of helping them to their rooms at the hotel I work at...I really only recognized Nick Reynolds...the short one with the crew cut...but barely as he was bald and used a cane...As I recall they put on a concert in a tent on property and I was called to pick them up after they finished and get them to their room...I don't think hardly anyone my age knew who they were because they had long before then waned in popularity...even by the time I was in high school....but I knew who they were...But I'm one of the few my age that's been to a Four Freshman concert LOL...anyway I think I asked Reynolds where were their striped shirts in jest...they all just laughed if I recall...I remember helping Reynolds into his room and he had a little standard room...He didn't seem to care...and he was very upbeat...The last surviving original member Bob Shane just died January 26th 2020...over the thirty two years working that job I've seen some interesting things...