View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:40 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Yeah it's weird. I like the DU but not the rest of Duke. I like the S and the D in Snider, but not the rest. I also like Best, but the Wishes does not match any other time he wrote that pre or post. Like I said weird. Oh well, I really liked it more for when it was signed, but this one isn't passing the smell test I think.
Definitely not an expert... I seem to have a penchant for buying fakes lol. However, I agree the DU looks good IMO. I think these vintage autos are so hard to get a definite yes or no. Even today players signatures evolve and I think they have less reason to do so than back then. Think about how many signatures a player might have signed in 1955 compared to today. Once Duke hit the card show circuit it would have been pretty standardized but during that era maybe he only signed an autograph here and there and legibility was of far greater concern than consistency. I do think clubhouse autos are always a consideration for these items but I think people are far more likely to write off authentic autos from this time because of the ambiguity.