View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Mark I am excited that you decided to start this thread. I really enjoyed Mike's daily Roberto post. I will look forward to looking at your posts daily as well. I too have met Brooks and can only echo the positive comments from others. He is the very definition of class. He is a true ambassador of the game. By the way, "I’m sure Mike (71buc) will follow this thread up in 2021 with a daily thread commemorating the ’71 Pirates." Thanks for the pressure of following your thread and its predecessor! Nonetheless, here is an original shot of Willie and Brooks at the 1971 series. I purchased it from the estate of the guy who designed those funky bullpen cars.
That is just a great color shot of Stargell and Brooks. I also think the old school bullpen cards with the hats on top were super cool. Looks neat pictured in the background prior to a '71 WS game. Can't get a much better picture than that one.

I thought you may just glance over the part about you starting a thread for next year, but you should; it'll be 50 years since the '71 Series for you next year. The pressure is on...