View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:40 AM
Tony Baldwin

In fairness to Mr. King, he asked me to post his Better Business Bureau response to Mr. Rios’ complaint:

BBB,

Mark Rios sent a glove to me to re-string and recondition. I called Mr. Rios upon receipt of the glove, as I do with all customers shipping gloves. Unfortunately, I was unable to get into his voice mail to leave a message acknowledging receipt.

In his complaint, he said that I did not respond to his calls. According to my cell phone details, he made two calls: 8-17-20, which I explain later* and one on 8-22-20 @ 10:50 AM, that I was unable to answer, wherein he left no voice mail.

In two emails to follow this one, I will be forwarding two emails I sent to Mr. Rios, which should put to rest the issue of not responding to his emails.

*Mr. Rios called me last week (8-17-20 @ 1:27 PM), at which time we spoke for a brief few minutes. The brevity of the call, was due to my not wishing to hear vulgar (F Bomb) language. So, after about 60 seconds, I hung up. I was unable to say much more than hello, as he began speaking without pause in an angry demanding tone, telling e what I was going to do and when I was going to do it. Isn't interesting that that phone call was not included in his complaint.

Insofar as credibility, I have been doing this work full time for quite some time. If you check out my website, you can easily see testimonials from 2013 through 2020. I realize those may not have anything to do with this case, I feel it is worth mentioning.

To be very specific, his glove is far from being worth $ 250.00. It is considerably old. I can provide pictures from my receipt of his glove, if you wish.

In my work, I do a lot of glove restoration. Therefore, based on the age of a glove and more importantly, the condition I receive it in, work can take some time.

The older a glove the longer it takes. My reason for that, is older gloves have leather that is dry in places or may have cracking or "alligatoring". These types of things, make it necessary to take things methodically.

He accuses me of being a crook. I can confirm receiving his glove and money.
I sent two emails to him and answered his vulgar language call.

His glove is in my possession. It was not damaged, lost or stolen. He knows that.

Now you know it.

He is angry, although I cannot figure out why. He was not lied to or promised something I didn't deliver, nor did I deceive him.

Mr. Rios did not request a specific return by date. Nor did I promise him a set return date. Therefore, I am not sure why he is so upset.

He will have his glove mailed back on 8-24-20. If he would have acted appropriately in his call of 8-17-20, and simply asked when the glove would be returned, I'd have told him I had a target date set for shipping on 8-24-20.

Please know that I don't charge as much as others in the USA who do this kind of work. I have a small reasonably successful business and don't get anything out of unhappy customers. I try to treat every glove as it were my very own.

Just to review things, for both our benefit:

Mr. Rios sent me a glove and money to re-string and recondition his glove.

I tried to reach him acknowledging receipt of the glove and his voice mail was apparently full. At any rate, his voice mail would not allow me to leave a message.

Then I began work on his glove, which consists of removing all strings and ensuring the glove is clean before restoration of the leather commences. (In the case of Mr. Rios glove, it had oil residue and dirt on the outside of the glove surface.)

I responded to an email of his on 8-3-20. (For clarity, I custom cut strings from whole bovine steer hides, that eventually get installed in the gloves. I wanted you to understand my reference in this email to the term "cutting strings".)

By the way, I mention in my 8-3-20 email that I had a surgery. So, I was upfront and honest with him, perhaps more than I needed to be. However, as a professional at what I do, I prefer to tell the truth.

I answered a call from him on 8-17-20. (After about a minute of his demanding, ordering, angry tirade, he used a vulgar word and I hung up. I work with my customers, not for them. Therefore, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.)

I responded to an email of his on 8-22-20.

Please look for my forward of two emails that I reference above. I will note the complaint number in both subject lines as well as, Mr Rios name.

In most cases, my customers chose me. I accept most gloves that are submitted, as I am confident that I can provide a positive result.

I find it rather peculiar that an individual would submit a claim to you, as well as write a Facebook post and a Yelp post, before he received his glove back. As I note in my email of 8-22-20, to Mr. Rios, none of those tactics changed when his glove would be ready for return shipping.

Should you need anything additional or need to speak with me directly, you have my number below.

Gordon C. King, Owner
A1 Glove Repair, LLC.
6134 Stumph Rd. Ste. 308
Parma, Ohio 44130
440-655-2674
gking@a1gloverepair.com
WWW.A1GloveRepair.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (76.2 KB, 920 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (78.0 KB, 930 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (76.5 KB, 926 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (73.6 KB, 928 views)
File Type: jpg 8-24-2020 1-27-07 PM.jpg (70.2 KB, 934 views)
File Type: jpg 8-24-2020 1-28-24 PM.jpg (79.4 KB, 921 views)