View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 01:29 PM
Mikeknapp

Although I am not generally a card guy I do dabble in some. I added Topps Rookie cards of Ernie Banks and Frank Robinson. I saw the spike in prices on such cards and had been procrastinating for many years so I grabbed nice copies while I could still afford them. I also picked up a 1971Bazooka Gum box with Clemente on it. However my favorite card pick was a lot of 1971 Pirate Action photos.

PSA claims there are 17 cards that comprise the 1971 Pirates Action Photos set. They include a Vic Davalillo. I have never seen one nor is there one on any registry. I will believe there are 16 until someone shows me a Davalillo. There is scant information about these. They are a tough issue judging by the PSA population reports which show the Clemente as having the highest population at 10. There are no complete sets in the set registry in either PSA or SGC. This is the only complete (?) set I have ever seen. I can understand the rarity. They measure 4.5" X 7.125" and are condition sensitive as the paper stock is thin. It is essentially similar to that of magazine pages. Thankfully these managed to survive and good shape with the Clemente being in the best condition.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)