View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 04:45 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Thank you Mark! 3 more new images.

Upon closer review of the scans I am gathering I believe the "Patsy Fallon" in the gallery is actually the Jack Fallon card, which has no name displayed identifying the subject, and will need to be updated.

I'd really love to see, especially, Sparrow Golden & Jack Files. I cannot yet identify men of these names at the time of the cards. These 2 seem to come from Burdick, but the Met has no image for these cards listed. These 2 are on my suspect list right now.

Also looking for the non-boxers if folks are also collecting the athletes, actors and handful of celebrities. I think we can get closer to 150 total subjects than the ~130 the checklists hover around. Thank you everyone who has shared publicly or privately their collections of these with me the last few days for checklisting and research.

It is really a shame that this set has not aged so well; when one appears with a relatively unfaded image they are really gorgeous photographs. I'm really appreciating the unique photos used in this set that we don't see on other cards.