View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Default How does a card like this survive?

Posted By: leon

First of all that Lajoie is a beautiful card. I am one of the collectors that find it hard to believe that cards that are 100 years old stay in this condition. I do think it can happen but just find it hard to believe. I would bet my right arm (I am left handed ) that not all T206 PSA 8's-PSA 10's are untainted. I think a lot of them are....

Now to comment on the different types of collectors. I don't think you can lump most folks into one category. I am not an investor, that's for sure. I am not a slab collector, that's for sure. I am not "only" a raw collector, that's for sure. I think, I like a lot of others, collect regardless of the plastic.....and love collecting and the history of the game (and the history of the hobby for me) but still look out for decent buys.....Most folks with modest means would find their collections as part of their portfolio of investments, but if every card went down to what I paid I would still be happy. If they lost all of their value I would be very unhappy.

As for the starving children comment. It makes me think of when I was little, sitting at the table and not finishing my dinner. We had to sit there till we were done. My dad would say "You know there are starving children in the world" ....to which I would say "Can you send it to them because I am full?"....There will probably always be starving kids in the world and that is a shame.... ...regards