View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
Through 150 ballots (a shade over 38%) Jeter has 100% of the votes, followed by Larry Walker and Schilling at roughly 85% and 80% respectively. Actual totals always drop quite a bit from the tracker, usually around 10%. If history is any teacher it might be Jeter alone though I think Walker will get in because people will vote for him since, A) it's his last year on the ballot and more importantly, B) the logjam of sure HOFers ahead of him has cleared up significantly over the last few years. Schilling will probably fall slightly short and looks good for next year. WAR darling Scott Rolen is making quite a lot of noise at over 50% of the votes and also looks good for induction sometime in the future. Of Abreu, Lee and Giambi, only Abreu currently has enough support (7.6%) to even remain on the ballot. I say Jeets and Walker by a hair. The PED guys are both tracking below 75% at the moment and will likely fall short.
I think you more or less nail it. Jeter at or near 100%, Walker eeks in (I think/hope).

Schilling has a shot in 2021...Bonds and Clemens? Tough to say.