View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 11:03 AM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
This is a nice video that Ken uploaded, however, he is making a mistake by using his past experiences in order to predict the future of the hobby. He states that he has been in the hobby since 1978 and how he has seen the market crash around ten times. He talks about the stock market crash, the subprime mortgage crisis, etc. However, we're dealing with a completely different animal here. For the first time ever, millions and millions of people around the globe were stuck at home and were not allowed to do anything. No travel, no restaurants, no strip clubs - nothing. Never before in my life have I seen $2,000 cards go up to $60,000 US in a few months. I don't care what any of these athletes will do in the future or whose records they will break or who will have a documentary made about him. If you're somebody who is buying cards at these absurd prices, then you are going to get nailed, period.
Spot on. This was 2016 on roids. So many collectors had a fear of missing out so they ponied up and are now down 50% and declining on lots of stuff.