View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:32 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
The Pete Rose RC is definitely on that list and the Seaver RC and Schmidt RC should be too. They are all tougher high numbers. I will never understand the premium given to common rookie cards like Aaron and Ryan that are much easier to find than the others you mentioned and the 3 above. Maybe it is that I am a collector and this hobby is becoming dominated by investors. You have the Chrome LeBron RC PSA 10 with a 2k pop now selling for 5 figures
Yes rats...........I agree with the Rose rookie, and Seaver as well.
I think the Schmidt rookie is definitely another, but I don't know that everyone would agree its quite at the "must have" point.

The Seaver rookie in particular seems tough to find in high grade centered/overall appeal. (I'm thinking PSA 7-ish and higher)

I tracked it a year or two back, and finding a high eye appeal example is pretty tough from what I remember.

And I agree with you on the LeBron James cards. If someone were to give me a stack of them, I would sell them and use those funds to pick up some other older baseball must-haves.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.