View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Default Thanks all around, and even to my regular damaged Frank Smith card

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I was just as surprised when I received this card in a small group of M116 cards from dbay (the diminished capacity version of this fast sinking internet marketplace). The other cards in the lot were the ones I was interested in, as I already had a 'F. Smith' card in my collection. Fortunately, I owned this regular F. Smith White Sox card, which is how I discovered the team change while comparing the two. If I hadn't already owned the regular F. Smith card, this variation card undoubtably would have slipped my notice and sunk itself into my collection. Just like it was hiding in plain sight in the lot listing that obviously no one else spotted either.

Of all the 'major' pre-war sets, I believe the M116 set is the one that new additions are most likely to occur. I suggest that everyone check their '300 Subject' backs for team variations...who knows, maybe someone else will get lucky and spot another similiar variation card. I would like to personally thank my regular Frank Smith with the paper loss on the front...thanks for being there for me buddy!

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 07-06-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added an 'ed' for educational purposes