View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Hi Bob, I think collectors in general are kind of odd ducks, myself included. Those that obsess over these errors and variations are really in their own league. More like the "rain men" of a hobby. I think finding this board allows us to share thoughts with those few people who actually care about errors and variations. I really dont think there are that many people in the hobby who care enough about them. This comes from someone who scoured for SIGNED errors and variations! Certainly not a Jab at anyone, but do think its pretty esoteric
Thanks Ted,

Was just checking though. LOL My comment was more generalized about the overall state of the hobby in total, and in response to Al's comment about the hobby itself needing "someone in charge of this stuff". I was straying off topic a bit, my apologies for doing so. Was also referencing how the hobby itself, in a lot of aspects, could really use some oversight and be better off if there were a group/organization actually representing all the "true collectors" in the hobby, and not leaving it up to the TPGs, AHs, big-time dealers, and such others in the hobby industry that end up currently making the decisions for us collectors, and telling us what is or isn't collectible, valuable, etc., etc..

Definitely agree with your comment about card collectors possibly being a little on the "not always so sane" side of things. Grown men obsessing over baseball cards, yeah, we're normal! LOL