View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default Opinion on Whether Im about to be taken . . .

Posted By: Josh K.

So, Im going to make the purchase and Ive emailed the seller to explain to him that his email was unnecessary. Ive also taken Warshawlaw's advice and have requested tracking and notification when sent. Just thought some might get a laugh from his response (in particular the part about his "handling fee") . . .

"Joshua:
Thx so much for your quick reply.

I do ship Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation but that does not give a tracking number. It only tells the sender when the package has been received.

Also, insurance with the USPS does not provide a tracking number either.

In order to provide a tracking number, I would have to send it Express Overnight mail (Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope $13.65, regardless of weight or destination, for matter sent in a flat rate envelope provided by the Postal Service).

The total then would be:
Card $149.01
$17.65 for s&h& $150.00 ins.

or if you just want the free $100. insurance that comes with Express Overnight mail, the total cost is $164.66.

Yes, I do charge a $2.00 handling fee especially for having to go to the PO to get the insurance, something I cannot do at home, online.

$2.00 certainly does not pay for my time, gas, oil, auto repairs, and tire ware, all incidental expenses to running my business, but I can offset some of that with the IRS' gas allowance for mileage.

Your choice: either $166.66 for Express Mail with $50. additional insurance
or $164.66 for Express Mail Flat Rate with $100. FREE insurance.

Again, I'm sorry my 1st email sounded unpleasant to you, I just was wondering how & when you would pay since you did not pay immediately with PayPal, which I used to require but have learned that doing so cost too much in loss of business for those who do not want to or cannot use PayPal (there's some class action suit going on with them now).

Thx so much for your bidding and winning and the time you have spent replying to my emails. I will just sit back and let time take care of the rest.

Pat"