View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
OK

So why are there no differences between front color variances? We know that ALL T206 cards can have color variations where the blue is darker on some cards than others or the red is orange on some cards etc. Why is this considered normal color variations on the card fronts but a slight color variance (so slight that people who see it in person cant even agree) but on the back it is 100X more valuable?
Once again Rhys has nailed it. There are endless front color variations that garner several hundred dollars. But when the ink on the back reveals a slightly bluish tint, why is it worth well into five figures? Many of us are baffled by it.

I've never seen the card in person, but I've never questioned the expertise of those who did. I do believe it is original and unaltered and that the ink is at minimum a bluish black color. But nobody has a clue how it got that way- it's possible it was due to some chemical reaction to the black ink long after printing. And I realize some feel that is impossible but there still are variables that we don't even know about.

I think the card is nothing more than an interesting anomaly. That said, I expect a few guys with a lot of extra cash to run the bidding up into the tens of thousands of dollars. More power to them.

Last edited by barrysloate; 10-13-2012 at 04:46 AM.