View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I want to echo this. Compared to others involved at VFC, I am somewhat of a small fish. I collect mainly 1960s, though I do have my eyes on 1950s and 1970s. There are other like minded collectors there. There is also a substantial pre-war presence that I am learning from. The same can be said for modern collectors as well. There may not be as many modern collectors there yet, but there have been discussions about modern issues. I have learned from them also. There is room for all types of collectors. Get with Jeff and come check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Thanks Robert! It is great to have you involved.

A few members here have expressed concern about the posting requirement so thought I'd address it for everyone.

There are a couple of reason why there is a posting requirement.

1. The football community is fairly small as compared to baseball and I feel a football board can survive and thrive only if everybody helps create content. Otherwise the board will be a ghost town and won't make it.

2. Every collector has knowledge to share ... whether they even realize it or not! My vision is a community where sharing is the norm and everybody gives as well as gets. Of course some members with lots and lots of knowledge will share more and that is perfectly fine! Come and learn as you post.

If you are interested but are concerned about the posting requirement, PM me and we can discuss what you collect and how we can make it work. I'm confident that most anyone who collects football avidly and is willing to share, won't have a problem meeting this requirements. I can help if you have difficulty posting images too!

jeff
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk