Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
There have been hints of steroid use dating back to 2012. I truly believe the Yankees were happy to see the Mariners offer ridiculous money, allowing them to "let him walk away." I'm not saying he wasn't/isn't a fantastic player...I just believe that there is an awful lot of smoke that he cheated. This was really one of the first times that the Yankees showed restraint and I think that was in no small part due to their concerns for why he was playing as well as he was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you read the book on A-Roid that came out a year or so ago, there is a reference to a text from Yankee management to A-Roid that Cano needs some 'roids. That, coupled with his initial fall-off in production upon reaching Seattle (which he attributed to stomach problems, if I recall correctly--yeah, right!), is what triggered the hints. I simply believe that that is one genie you never, ever get entirely back in the bottle. At least with the grueling 162-game schedule, + spring training + playoffs. Lenny Dystra, stated in his book that he found that his body could not stand up to the strain, simply picked a physician out of the phone book (sure he did!) and asked for something to help him cope. The doctor prescribed anabolic steroids, and Dystra is very straightforward about it. I really don't know if the situation I still believe persists (does anyone really think Starling Marte was the only one using the steroid he tested positive for?) is good or bad--it is just the way it is.

My humble regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 06-13-2017 at 05:37 PM.