View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-Rarecards View Post
Develop and decide what? What is the task that was being solved? 70% what? Look at GPT-3 how many parameters does it have and how training examples did it need? AI is not magic, you need to be more specific with the claims.

Of course and my claim is they overstate their value and abilities.
I agree with everything you say. And AI is not vudu
magic.

In this app we were translating unknown deaf sign language movements to text and voice to animated avatar with text and sound (and visa versa). Some of this is already available without AI. Our goal was the unknown body motions part.

It isn't just talk though They were in the process of developing it. Admitting only hardware prototype (but close enough for design patents and working sound/motion/display hardware) and software prototype (working to the point of needing expert image and motion feedback on known movement). These folk started from scratch and built to that point in two years. I don't know their progress since my leaving in March 2020.

I apologize for overstating. And you are absolutely correct that it depends on the app. The one they were doing was pretty tough though. (Unknown motion, image, sound, text, context).