View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 10:02 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I think there’s enough, I’ve gotten more unsolicited offers for a cut proof card from it than the full sheet panel (which of course I have turned down; the 20 of the 23 extant panels I have will not be cut up). A number of people just don’t want anything not residing in a slab. It ‘helps’ that most tobacco guys are sitting at 23 cards. I think the money is greater in destroying the panel, sadly, even though this is one of the lower grade panels with a number of small holes in it.

To flip a profit off $5,000, they would need to sell Corbett proofs for more than $625 each. That’s easy. I don’t see how a Corbett or Donovan will go under a K or 2 minimum these days (I wish they would!). I paid over $625 for the beat silverless blank back card of a common that was known before this find. I’ve been offering far more than that for Donovan’s and Corbett’s without a bite.

I didn’t know you could see the actual accepted offer. If he took $5,000, he cancelled bids way above that and left between a little and a ton on the table depending how many would go there. If the winner is here, call me if you want to double your money right away lol.
That's what the eBay tool showed; I have no idea if it is accurate.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...