View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 07:09 AM
Kyle May

I went to Game 1 this year. I got lucky because when I logged on to buy the tickets on the Indians website, it wasn't working properly and wouldn't send me through to the purchasing screen no matter how many times I clicked continue. 12 minutes into this process, I was getting ready to give up when my girlfriend calls me at work and says she has 2 Standing Room Only tickets queued up and asked if I wanted them. I gave her my credit card info and the rest is history (don't worry, she has a ring coming soon).

She and I stood on the Home Run Porch at Jacob's Field (for those none-Clevelanders: Cleveland fans will forever refer to Progressive Field as Jacob's Field). Perfect view for a fraction of the price some people paid for their nose to bleed. That Tuesday night was pretty special in Cleveland, and it was referred to as Merry Clevemas, as the Cavs received their Championship rings and raised the banner just 100 ft. from The Jake. So the atmosphere was electric, not to mention the historic significance of Game 1 between the Cubs/Indians. Obviously the Indians won, 6-0, and my voice was gone by the 3rd inning. Also, something special about baseball are the stories people share. I stood with some great fans and talked all night, picking their brain on their experiences in life/baseball (an Indians fan from Philly, 2 from KC, 2 teachers - one of which does summer trips to different ballparks, 1 Indians fan from California, etc.).

I consider myself blessed, especially when there has been so much light shed on the 80-100 year old Cubs fans that have NEVER experienced a World Series. I'm 22, and will treasure this experience for life.

LET'S GO INDIANS! ROLL TRIBE BABY! CUE UP THE BILLY GOATS AND STEVE BARTMANS!

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 10-28-2016 at 07:12 AM.