Hendrix

A bunch more after that,
Black Sabbbath
White Zombie/Rob Zombie
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Robin Trower
Deep Purple
Johnny Cash

White Zombie was a really good show, so many hard rock acts decide they're "artists" after which it's pretty much over. No problem there "we're loud and having fun"

SRV was amazing, as was Robin Trower.

The best concert was an odd one, Not sure I could put it on the list. I saw Roger Waters pros and cons of hitchhiking tour. Only 6 cities, no warmup act. First set was all Pink Floyd, second was the entire album. (One of those concept things) The best part was that he'd hired Eric Clapton. So I saw Clapton doing Pink Floyd.....

Steve B
I saw the Pros and Cons Tour w/Clapton at the Meadowlands in NJ. You are right. EC pulled off Floyd with great success.

I saw Stevie Ray (from the second row) at an old chandeliered opera house in Worchester MA in like 82. He WAS incredible.

I saw Jack Bruce and Friends (w/Trower on lead guitar) open up for The Allman Brothers in 1980. (I think?). As much as I like the Allman Brothers, Trower blew them away.

Deep Purple was always amazing as a whole. I last saw them on the Perfect Strangers Tour. I would go see Richie's Rainbow and walk away less than wowed. Of course that could have been influenced by the concert party favors.

I remember seeing Alvin Lee solo, expecting very little and being floored by his tone and technique. I was expecting sheer speed and flash. I became a fan that day.

Roy Buchanan put on a great, great show. I saw him at a little club in Hampton Beach NH. He was a bit wired for his encore (I have NO IDEA how that happened) and they finally had to pull the plug on him. He wasn't gonna stop.

I saw Warren Zevon completely solo, just him, a guitar, or piano and a harmonica. Utter Genius.