View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

i gave it an inconclusive at first glance, needs more study. i dont want to take a chance at being wrong without really studying it against exemplars for a good while. since he has so many styles of his name, there are a lot of exemplars to check.

it's too important to get wrong by just looking at it for a minute. it kind of has a genuine style of penmanship to it, so not obviously ridiculously bad, but to be good it has to pass the big test, and the big test takes time to make sure to get it right.

not all autographs are instantly good or bad, some are, but the ones that aren't cant be rushed. ali is tricky sometimes especially with thicker sharpies compared to ball point ink, sharpie signatures hide detail. the slant looks strange to me but i cant be sure ali didnt sign that way. I have learned that if one can't give 100% opinion either way, then a quick opinion really does a disservice, so i defer on this one for the time being. it really doesnt matter what i think if i am leaning one way or another. i have to be sure or else its just an opinion with little to really back it up and to back it up takes time sometimes.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-25-2013 at 05:36 PM.