View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
After playing with the card some more I was able to pull a little more detail on the transfer and found out which card left the upside down transfer. It is from the James J. Jefferies card. I can make out 3 1901s on the left and the round numbers 25, 23, and 4 on the right.
Very nice detective work! Nice little clue to the layout of the early Series 1 sheet(s) as well.

Here's another contribution, though I can't yet make out what the text is on the first Klaus in upper left to ID what back is showing.

A small oddity here, these 3 Klaus cards are all Factory 30 backs. While breaks in the thin black border on back are ubiquitous throughout the set, Klaus has a recurring print defect (RPD) on the front, with these two gaps in the upper right. I only observed this recently and have not yet seen it on a factory 649 card. There's a few RPD's in T1218, the McGrath 'finger splotch' shown previously in this thread being the only really cool one, I think. Would be interested in your guys' Klaus cards, if they do or do not have this border gap and which factory(ies).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2669.jpg (69.4 KB, 217 views)