View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Todd Schultz

My daydream always has it at a baseball field rather than football, in particular a moderate to high-grade minor league facility. Obviously the team would have to be out of town for several days to make it available, but given the shaky status of minor league baseball these days, who knows what might be available.

Just for grins, I checked the website of the St. Paul Saints, an independent team partly owned by comedian Bill Murray, who frequents their games (at least back in normal times). This facility and no doubt dozens of others can be found around the country, and offers itself as a venue for weddings, concerts, festivals, etc. FYI, the light rail can take you to the ballpark, to the Mall of America, both airport terminals and Target Field. Here, take a virtual tour.
http://chsfield.com/venue/virtual-tour
http://chsfield.com/venue/event-spac...erts-festivals

I thought about wind too, which is why I believe a mostly enclosed baseball stadium would provide a decent windbreak. As for rain, I thought about the canopies I see at Costco every now and then, which are not very expensive and are bought by a lot of tail-gaiters. These would not be of much help in a driving storm, but they would be great to shield at least some of the elements, and would be nice to have to keep the sun from beating down on the dealers all day. Surely there are more complex and effective coverings available if people give it some thought and planning.

A baseball stadium would also have great seating for those looking to take a load off, and concession stands should not be a problem. Depending on configuration, there could be grandstand overhangs providing some protection also, and who knows, maybe tables could be set up in the concourses. Also, many have meeting or gathering rooms that could handle, say, a net54 dinner
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 09-20-2020 at 01:52 PM.