View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 08:00 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
I think you would likely end up spending $15+ per card, only for them to come back as 9s that sell for $10. How much are you looking to lose per card?

However, I would kind of like to have a graded 1989 Donruss Hensley Meulens, just to have as a novelty, but PSA has only graded two of them. Someone else has done the math.
This is the penultimate reason for high sale prices on 80's/early 90's PSA 10's. They are absolutely rare as hen's teeth due to the ROI risk of submission.

As someone who collects only 2 player collections on the registry and one being an 80's/90's fairly semi-star/common I have overpaid stupid for 10s. Simply because no one is going to submit them on a gamble. I have never submitted a card because it's just something I feel I would have no luck on.

If you want a common 10, your only option is 4 Sharp and begging them to send it in. Admittedly, it probably won't look like a solid 10, but they get them. (I'll leave the hundreds of conspiracy threads to speak for themselves on the reason why).

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.