View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default Show Your Minor League Items

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

That team was only around for 5 seasons if memory serves correct. Interesting how labored Bert Haas' signature was so early in his career. Conversely, Sukey's signature remained consistent from his 1926 debut until his death in 2000. Also, Sam Nahem's sig appears to have changed very little from those days until his death not long ago. Granted, it's a touch more legible (and includes a paraph) in Dan's early example featured above, but letter formation is unchanged. I tried visiting Nahem many years ago, but could never reach him on the phone. His answering machine message was, "This is Sam. SPEAK!"! It really left me not wanting to speak!

From the c. 1937-38 Clinton lineup, the toughest MLB sig is definitely that of Leo Mangum. Died in the mid-1960's and still on many want lists. I had two or three at one point, but am down to a single example.

I have lots of old minor league team-signed album pages and a few balls. If anybody has any they want to trade, or if anyone is looking for something in particular, feel free to email me.

Thanks for the scans Dan!