View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
I really dont see a huge increase (long term) happening for any of these guys cards. White's Old Judge card was already so rare and valuable that it will go up, but it was pricey before. O'Day is a common OJ to find so it will go up, maybe double, but not a huge increase. As for autographs, O'Day and White were so scarce to begin with it really wasn't a possibility to get one and Ruppert is SO common I cant imagine his signature doing much, maybe a 20% increase. O'Day and White would sell for a ton, dont get me wrong, but its not like any one of us could have gone out and purchased these on the open market. I have what believe to be an O'Day signature, but in 20+ years I have only seen one other on Jodi's baseball that sold in Guttierez auction about 7 years ago. I know of ONE Deacon White and its worth 100k probably, but its locked up tight in a collection anyways.

All in all, its a pretty anti-climactic end to an exciting group of possibilities in my opinion.

Rhys
I think the Scrapps Deacon White will see a pretty good jump in price, because that is what the "average" HOF collector will have the best chance at getting, which will lead to some bidding wars for a while. An OJ Deacon White is going to be a very pricy card if one ever gets on the market.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972