View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I read it in the fine print on the program. It was in the link eBay sent to sellers to 'entice' them to make the switch.

You aren't going to save money if eBay eliminates Global Shipping; you are going to lose many American sellers. Before Global Shipping too many shady Canadians (primarily) were buying cards and asking for PWE shipping, then claiming non-delivery and stealing the cards and a refund because we did not have the ability to track PWE international shipments. We still cannot track unless the buyer wants to pay about $20-$25 US for specific shipping methods. No one except an inexperienced seller is going to risk an international sale without delivery confirmation because of the rampant fraud. The GS program allowed us easy delivery protection: I got my item to Erlanger KY and they took the risk after that. I will not sell internationally without tracking; I don't want the headaches or the charge-backs. So, when eBay forces us to switch to its payment platform, which currently requires us to ship internationally rather than going through an intermediary, I will eliminate international sales from my store, and so will many other American sellers, or I will charge the same rate as GS and ship with one of the few international tracking methods the USPS offers.

ETA: on the banking thing, I really do not want sales swept into my checking account every day; it creates a bookkeeping mess, especially when I have to ship items. Way too many transactions.
Agreed 100%. Nicely said. When GSP is gone I will only ship to the US. I have had nothing but problems shipping internationally. Broken items, claims of missing items and outright theft. GSP took away all of my problems. The shipping cost isn’t going to be any less - just more paperwork for me.

Speaking of more paperwork - also agreed on managed payments. Most of the items I sell are $10 or less. I am already dreading having multiple little transactions going in and each shipping charge coming out. I am already planning on cutting out hundreds of items when this happens. Then being very selective about what I put up. Like I have said - they are rewarding my increased business with higher fees. I am going to return the favor by doing less business.