View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 11:30 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Maybe CSG has their own scale and doesn't follow the flawed PSA model. Perhaps they punish some attributes more harshly than others, and some less. That's fine by me, as I see no consistency at all within PSA these days.

Also, I've always felt PSA is way too harsh on pinpoint paper-loss and way too lenient on poor focus/registration. Also hate that there's a huge range for difference at the bottom of their scale (1-4), and only microscopic variance at the top end (7-10). Some PSA 2s look like 7s, and some look like they've been crumpled up and pulled from a trash can. It's an idiotic scale, of which the grades are not indicative of the cards' overall appeal.

Not to mention the small fact that tens of thousands of altered cards reside in PSA numbered slabs. Why they are put on a pedestal as the standard-bearer, I will never understand. Oh yeah... money.

I'm glad to see some new blood in there to shake things up. Maybe CSG will make it - maybe they won't. But the competition is undoubtedly a good thing for the hobby.