View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Default What about foreign cards?

Posted By: Kenny Cole

MW,

Not to pick on you, because the responses have gone far afield, but your answer has nothing to do with my initial question. That question sought opinions as to whether a HOF collection was composed only of cards issued in North America, or whether card such as those issued in Cuba or Puerto Rico were also neccessary. The relatively overwhelming response seems to be that Cuban card are "legitimate," which I presume means that they are necessary to a true HOF collection. At least that's the assumption I'm working off of.

If that assumption is accurate, what difference does it make whether the "legitimate" Cuban card was produced in a quantity of one or one million? Regardless of embargo issues,isn't it necessary to have a card of the player in question in order to truly say that you have a HOF collection?

I understand all about the embargo, and agree with you that there are probably a number of cards, perhaps even sets we are unaware of, that are sitting in collectors hands there. That is a given. However, I'm not really interested in the scarcity or availability of HOF cards in the various Cuban sets as I'm interested in whether a player from whatever set it is needs to be counted when determining the degree of completion of one's HOF collection. That's my basic question. What is your opinion about that?