View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 06:19 PM
Michael Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark View Post
Hello Mike:
I thought I had a complete set of these (BB only) but now I am beginning to wonder. I will look thru my binder and see what develops. Apparently there is a Robinson in "card" size as well as the larger paper size each of which I have. I also have many of the others with both ads at the bottom and without.
I too am in Nor Cal if you would like to meet up someday and compare what we have.

Sealmark
I am unaware of a card sized Parade Sportive. I think the confusion comes from most people not listing the size of the Parade Sportive they are showing. Likewise, I didn't give a size above. The standard size of those in the format of the Robinson pictured without the ad above is 5 x 8¼ inches, as are many others in different formats.

Over the years, even auction houses have failed to provide measurements. From the lack of information known (though they could measure their items) and that many want to sell such items to "card" collectors, I think it is easy to believe a card sized one exists. I'd sure like to see a scan of such a thing, but as yet haven't found any clear reference to them being actual "cards."

Mike

P.S. Be great to meet up, but I don't have many of these. Have a lot of other stuff though.