View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:05 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin0511 View Post
Although I'm certainly upset with all of the scandalous activity that is being exposed in the hobby, I am what you might consider a "low end" collector; most of the cards I'm after are not really worth altering. For the most part, I actively avoid graded cards in general, let alone "gem mint" cards, so my collecting habits are essentially unaffected. However, the high end cards that I have always drooled over but could never afford seem much less appealing now. I'm sure if I was, shall we say, of higher economic status, my collection would be much different and my outlook on the hobby would be greatly affected.
+1. My enthusiasm for the way I collect has not dampened; if anything I feel vindicated, like I instinctively chose the right path. I still collect like a twelve year old me when it comes to older cards: perfectly happy with stuff from the dollar box (aka low grade cards) because I get to have more of them and they can be in my easily-enjoyed binders instead of in boxes of slabs. The vast majority of my slabbed cards are those I submitted myself, so no doubts about them. I am very much looking forward to the National.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...