View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I am wrong and part of the problem. Really? Does that make me an idiot with zero integrity, as you called out Jim? Nearly everyone in this thread, many very reputable and respected members of this forum, all took umbrage with what they perceived as wrongdoing. Are they all idiots with zero integrity? Or can they make it up to you with heartfelt apologies and sincere promises of repentance?

You seem to have a problem with critical thinking and understanding what comprises proof. Your “ proof” of buyer’s innocence is his singular statement of explanation, which as I said, is plausible but hardly casts a good light. The other facts are undisputed, and yes, they are facts. The conclusions to be drawn from those facts may vary among reasonable minds, but I am underwhelmed by buyer’s story and less than inclined to give it full credence. You, by contrast, seem enthralled. Good for you.

As I stated, this forum welcomes if not encourages the disclosure of fishy transactions and suspected scams or scammers. Seller here made reasonable efforts to make contact and resolve the situation outside the forum, and was right to call it to the board’s attention when no response was forthcoming. Personally I would not have used the word thief in the initial post, but the situation was laid out well and the conclusion of wrongdoing appeared reasonable. If the same situation happens again, I hope it is brought out here once more. If people’s reactions when that occurs are “part of the problem”, then so be it.
You're completely missing the point and principal.
Whether the accused is guilty or not, that hasn't been PROVEN, correct?
So why talk shit?? Literally everything you said is irrelevant.
This shouldn't be hard to grasp, and your attempt at trying to rationalize this hypocritical finger pointing and accusing is pathetic.... "Everyone here is doing it blah blah blah".

And spare me the corny "critical thinking" rhetoric. Circumstantial evidence can only convict someone if there's no reasonable doubt, which is FAR from what has been reached here, hence, there is no actually proof whatsoever.
You yourself said the situation with the accused was "plausible".
You understand what that word means... right??

The world goes beyond this site and hobby Todd.
You apparently want to live in a world where people constantly shoot their mouths off about others without having all the facts.
I don't.

Last edited by Huysmans; 09-19-2020 at 04:29 PM.