View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 04:43 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I am rationalizing nothing, just asking you to make clear that these other folks, and me too apparently, are idiots and without integrity. Shame on us all, right? At least have the balls to do that. C’mon, say it big man.

Also, stop reading the wikilaw or whatever learned treatise you consulted, Thurgood, and hone your grammar or at least learn what words like literally and hypocritical mean (I suspect the word relevant is beyond your grasp). You don’t need to prove conversion– the civil analog of theft or misappropriation-beyond a reasonable doubt. This isn’t a trial or a courtroom proceeding in any event. The people here, at least for the most part , are not as much interested in seeing a $73 dispute go to court as they are knowing who out there is likely to pose problems for them if they transact business. And as I said, I for one would not want to deal with a buyer whose conduct, even taking his words as true, is questionable. Others may choose differently, more power to them.

So what should seller do with regard to this forum if this happens again? How about he posts the possible scam but puts in a disclaimer saying, now guys, this is just informational only, let’s wait 2, 3-6 weeks to see if buyer responds, never mind that I just showed you how he did not respond to me on my prior attempts and laid out the transaction timeline. No negative opinions please, and by all means, just tell me you feel bad for me, don’t take it out on my wholly innocent ebay buyer.

Yeah, good luck with that. But since the world indeed moves beyond this hobby and net54, perhaps you would be better served enjoying what that world has to offer, and leave us idiots with no integrity to our own sinful devices here.
... Being too harsh as I don't know you personally, but disagree still with what you said, I will edit what I just wrote and posted, as I can admit when I've gone too far....

In saying that, I'll leave it with this....
Jim and others who disparaged the accused without knowing all the facts, and without at least hearing some response from the other party, I think were wrong in doing so.

Last edited by Huysmans; 09-19-2020 at 05:01 PM.