View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:10 AM
P.hil €lli$

Default T206

Hi Bill. I too collect the T206 set in SGC only. I am collecting it in SGC50 or better and have been collecting it for 7.5 years now. I am up to 445 in SGC50 or better.
When I started collecting it, I purchased some PSA graded cards. I think I only had 3 or 4 PSAs when I decided to collect only SGC. I sent them in to get crossed over, and none of them crossed over to their same grade in SGC. Also when I began the journey, I purchased some great looking raw cards with the hope of sending them in to SGC for a minimum grade of SGC50. Again, no luck. None of them made my minimum grade. So, I spent extra money to get these raw/PSA cards graded by SGC, paid for shipping, etc. and didn't have any luck. I decided that I wouldn't purchase anymore PSAs or raw cards because I was spending extra money to have them graded with the CHANCE that they crossed over. A waste of money in my eyes.
I also don't purchase any cards less than an SGC50 in hopes of upgrading later. Again, a waste of money to upgrade in the future in my mind.
You will go through many dry spells in your purchasing. You must be patient.
I set a goal of 10 years to finish my set (520) in SGC50 or better. With 75 more cards to go and 2.5 years to hit my goal, I think I am in good shape.
Finally, if a card doesn't meet your minimum criteria, don't bother with it, another one will come along sooner or later. Patience!