View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Bill Gregory

That's an interesting comment, Scott. Thank you for your perspective.

I'm a person that just doesn't like to speak in absolutes. I have a hard time saying "I never" or "I always". So, I sholdn't say "never" when it comes to cards with pinholes, or just the slightest paper loss. Life, like collecting, is never that cut and dry. There have been some cards with incredible eye appeal, and when I look at them, they seem way undergraded.

When I think of thumb tacks, it's the ones made now that leave monster holes. I need to remember that the ones used back then might have been smaller. And yes, I've seen some holes that are very difficult to see. Like creases, sometimes you really have to look for 'em.

I have a few really nice T206s with a tape stain on the back. That's the only thing keeping the cards from being higher than SGC 35.

I guess the best way to collect is to look at the card first, and then compare it against the grade. Or, just look at the card and forget the grade.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.