Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 03:19 AM

Default Boat Sign

A month ago I went out antiquing on a Sunday afternoon…last store of the day I saw this 12 foot boat sales sign…great folk art but where was I gonna put it...It was so cool I hated to not get it…the worn blue lettering had me…But I had to think hard where I could hang it…the store was closing so I told them I’d have to give some thought and the dealer gave me his best price to ponder…After racking my brain I thought of a spot that might work…got home and measured, just barely fit but I could make it work…I called the store the next day and they delivered it for $50.00...It's from the San Francisco Bay Area...too bad it's not inscribed on the back "New London Boat Sales, Purveyor to Yale Crew Team"....has that look...

So we set up a delivery time…and I started thinking…I got non-sport antiques to move….he’s an antiques dealer…why not sell him some stuff…I had a great folk art bread sign with gold paint displayed in my kitchen for years…but I got a porcelain NYC Municipal Railway sign I wanted to put there…so it was time to move out the bread sign…He bought that and a locker room bench I got at Alameda but ended up not wanting…thank the Lord I paid for the boat sales sign plus got rid of stuff….win-win for everybody…Once I get organized I’ll get it hung…