View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 05:16 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
As John said, Sportlots.com is an option for set builders. I have used them extensively over the years and you can save a ton of money over eBay. Be warned, however, that most listings do not include pictures/scans (although you can filter results to include those that do). Overall, I have been pleased with the site, but the sellers can be very inconsistent with their assigned grades. I typically look for a minimum of EX for my sets, but have received several cards that were listed as EX but were G-VG at best. Having said that, 99% of the sellers provided credit when I brought it to their attention. There is an established process on the site for disputed grades, etc.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back when I was sending out a lot of TTMs, I picked up this JW Porter from Sportslots. It was listed as Good, and when I got it, I realized why the seller was letting it go for $1 plus shipping. I more amused when I saw it than anything else, so I didn't make an issue of it, and when I received it back from Mr. Porter, he enclosed a custom card of his own and a note saying he felt so bad about the condition of mine that he wanted me to have the custom as well. When I've stacked it on top of a less-damaged card, it looks more oval-shaped than rectangular.

I'm not saying don't use Sportslots, just as mentioned, lack of scans and inconsistent sellers can lead to surprises.

[IMG] [/IMG]