View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
As long as they're getting through PSA these guys can buy the cards through multiple Ebay IDs and sell them through any auction house. The only way to stop this is to figure out how or why so many doctored cards are making it through. Especially the modern trimmed cards which should be easy to measure.

If anyone has been thinking about starting a third party grading service now may be the time to do so.
Yeah, the only possibilities I can think of are incompetence (can't detect it), negligence (not putting in the effort to detect it), or corruption. But I don't know how we figure that out. Not long ago I would have said, the card doctors are just too good now, but based on what I am seeing on Blowout it's hard for me to believe that's all there is to it as some of these cards seem blatant even without the before photos.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-26-2019 at 09:36 AM.