View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 12:14 PM

Default Average age of t206 collectors

I'm curious - how old is everyone that collects t206? I'm 45. Obviously most (all?) original collectors of these cards would be dead. Presumably given the high profile of the Wagner, and the 70+ cards with HoFs in the set (Specifically Cobb, Young, Mathewson & Johnson), it will always(?) be relevant, but I'm just wondering does it lose relevance at some point (i.e. when we are all dead!)? My introduction to the set occurred sometime in the 80's - at a card show with my grandpa - I was a collector of contemporary cards at the time (no real interest anymore - except I do buy unopened packs from the 80's/90's every once in a while - to open). He saw the Tinker/Evers/Chance - and bought one of each (Tinker bat off, Evers Cubs on Jersey, Chance Yellow all in the 1-2 grade range). -There is a great Tinker/Evers/Chance thread out there by the way - some of you guys have some absolutely gorgeous, awesome cards. I think he paid like $100 for the 3 at the time (overpaid, I think). I've had an interest ever since, and have bought lots on Ebay over the years, but really picked up the pace this year (Somewhere over 200 now - I need to stop and organize and trade off some dupes).