View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default Would anyone here seriously vote him into the hall

Posted By: john/z28jd

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rogermaris&prov=ap&type=lgns

Roger Maris was a real good player for 3 seasons.That doesnt make a hall of fame career by any stretch.Hes a .260 hitter with a short career and no milestone accomplishments to go along with his famous feat.I cant consider him without any of the following 2000 hits,1000 runs or rbi's, 300 average,300 homers

A 12 season career with his last 4 being a combined 240/35/170 thats a 1/3rd of a short career being a bum[injuries or not] Its not like theres no other bad seasons 235/14/51 rookie year, 269/23/53 in 1963.If he makes the hall of fame,its based on one season only and one accomplishment only.Forget his .217 career postseason average too i guess.

The most comparable career to his right now is Jeromy Burnitz and i dont know anyone who wants him in the hall of fame,and he still might have 3 good years left.

In all honesty if you go to the hall of fame,theres enough Roger Maris connections in there that you wont forget who he is,he doesnt need an undeserved plaque to be remembered.Theres 25 guys on the ballot for the vets committee,of the other 24 id vote for 22 of them before i voted for Maris[Im not saying i would vote all 22 guys into the hall tho obviously,hes just far down on the list]