View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkandp View Post
I hate to rain on your parade, but...

I have been a huge fan of the USPS...until this past year. As examples, they delivered Christmas cards (which we sent on December 10) of ours to the Atlanta area on February 5 and to the Chicago area on March 10. They "lost" a request for death certificates I sent to the Cook County Vital Records Office (for genealogical purposes) on January 14. On March 14 I sent a duplicate request via Registered Mail so I could track its travels beginning-to-end. It made it to the destination Post Office and completely fell off the radar even though the Cook County Vital Records Office address is a Post Office box! I sent all kinds of nastygrams (the response to one of which was that the issued was "resolved," which in USPS-speak means "we can't find what you sent.")

Finally, last week the check I sent with the first request was deposited and three days later I had my documents. I have no idea where the second set of requests is nor do I care. I stopped payment on the second check.

Bottom line is - right now service by the USPS is generally shite!
Be glad all you had were delays and the loss of valueless/easily replaceable ephemera. You came out of it extremely fortunate.