View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:37 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
It sounds like it was shipped registered mail. If so, it is very possible it has not moved from the initial post office. It is a very slow process and I have had packages stay in one location for more than a week. Did he give you a registered mail receipt? If so, you are likely fine and it will move along the USPS process. Registered mail is the only one they stamp like you described and it does require a declared value. Hope this helps. I would be very surprised if it is lost or stolen. The clerk who shipped it has to sign as responsible agent and the registered packages are held on one location. The Priority Mail aspect means nothing on registered mail. It is also signed for at each location along the way. It is the safest way to ship valuable packages among all the carriers. I once had one I got worried about. It took almost 3 weeks to get to the west coast from NC but it eventually made it safely. One thing for sure, the clerk did not steal them. Could have put the package in the wrong location and it has not been noticed yet but not stolen by him. Talk to the local postmaster and inform him it was registered mail. They will find it or the declared value will be honored. Will $2500 cover the value of the raw cards?

yes, I shipped via Registered Mail, and I have the receipt. your comment gives me some hope. if it does end up lost, I do have private insurance that will the loss, probably at a haircut for raw cards. But no one can compensate me for the time and effort it took to find the cards.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236